From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Matt Reinfeldt
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:58 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Character field --> Attachment field

Not really sure of what you're trying to accomplish... maybe you could
clarify a bit...?

The best I can offer is to create a temp text file w/ the value you want in
it, save it to the Client's machine, and then actually attach that to the
record you're working with through a run-process.  The challenge will come
with sand-boxing in the Mid-Tier and if it will allow you to save a temp
file to the guest operating system on the fly...

Good luck,

Matt R.