Sorry for the long post, it is needed for this:

As Founder of the ARSList in November 1993,

it is my privilege to announce the 16th Annual ARSList Awards, Call For
Nominations.

These awards were created by me in 1995

to recognize the effort that other people were putting into the list by

providing the questions, the excellent technical replies and frequently
mediocre humour.

It was also to provide posters an incentive to keep providing those
excellent technical replies

and perhaps improve the humour.

The ARSlist corporate sponsors WWRUG Canada, Inc. and Daniel Bloom
Consulting Inc.

provide the award plaques, prizes, and various flying objects(BMC Remedy
tends to provide baskets of twinkies).

The Rules for Nominations and some General Rules:

* An individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources

* The years postings are somewhat reviewed to ensure that this is someone
who posts quality answers.

( Not that anyone has ever been rejected on this basis)

* Only those that have registered on the ARSList before August 1st. 2011
will be eligible to vote.

It is assumed you won't vote if you haven't been around long enough to know
the posters in question.

In the unlikely event of another tie, the person or product with the
greatest number of sources of votes will be declared winner.

* Voting and nominating is by the Individual REAL person,

so redistribution lists don't vote,

and those that have multiple subscriptions still get only one vote

* BMCSoftware employees on the ARSlist are eligible to vote

* All decisions of myself or  the oversight panel are final

(if I have to make a controversial decision, I confer with 3 past MVP
winners for their opinion)

* Nominations posted to the list are not accepted, they must be to
daniel.bl...@danielbloom.ca

* Votes posted to the list are not accepted, they must be to
daniel.bl...@danielbloom.ca

Past MVP [Most Valuable Poster Award] recipients are:

2010 Joe D'Souza

2009 Dr. Christopher Strauss

2007 Rick Cook

2006 Axton Grams

2005 Tim Widowfield

---------------------------

2004 Matt Reinfeldt

2003 Carey Matthew Black

2002 Chris Woyton

2001 Gidd Calden

2000 Jarl Groneng, Tommy Nijem

1999 Rick Cook

1998 Raymond Leach

1997 Vicky Bayol

1996 Joel D. Sender

1995 Martin Nystrom

In the MVP list above, anyone after 2004 is not eligible,

and neither am I or the Advisory Board of the conference

So, the two open categories are....

*MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

This is the person you feel has contributed the most to the list in a
combination of quality and quantity.

Anyone who has won the award in the last 5 years, current BMC or BMC Remedy
employees are not eligible.

An individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources.

BMC Software Employee: Beyond the Call of Duty Award

Again, an individual must be nominated by at least two independent sources.

David Easter and Kelly Deaver have won recently, neither is currently
eligible.

Kelly both for that and leaving BMC.

Nominations for other Categories are also open until August 19th

Nominate a potential winner for another Category while you suggest the
category if you wish

[no Nominations, no Award will be conferred in that category

there must be more than one Nomination for a category etc.]

Please send nominations to daniel.bl...@danielbloom.ca <mailto:
daniel.bl...@danielbloom.ca >

Software categories are currently being handled by on-site Awards at WWRUG
with the vendors in the Showcase being

eligible. The ARSlist Awards are not currently contemplating software
categories.

Time Lines:

August 19th: nominations for MVP closes, other category nominations close
August 22nd: Voting begins for 2 weeks for MVP and other categories
September 5th: The voting closes at 5 p.m. EST

Thursday September 22nd at RUG2011: Award Ceremony

[no one knows the winner(s) until then, well okay, except me and the plaque
company]

Please send nominations to daniel.bl...@danielbloom.ca

Thanks . Daniel

Daniel Bloom