I've been researching an approval server error for a couple of days now.
>From what I can see in the approval engine log, whenever the New-Details
command is called, and no future approvers are found by the Get Next
Approver rule, an "error" is written to arerror.log.

Fri Aug 12 16:23:02 2011  Approve : Operation cancelled due to error
(ARAPPNOTE 4502)
Fri Aug 12 16:23:02 2011     New-Details - CHG:Infrastructure Change -
CRQ000000104074

I found an article in the knowledge base that discussed this behavior, and
stated that it is working as designed. I've tried a couple of things to
try to avoid having this written to arerror.log:

1. Created a filter on AP:Detail that changes the status from Error to
Approved when there are no future approvers

2. Modified the various Approval Process Done - Error rules to set
TempApprovalServerResult to Approved instead of Error.

Obviously, neither of these worked, or else you wouldn't be reading this.
I'd really like to find a way to keep these unnecessary entries from
cluttering up the log. Has anyone else noticed this behavior and possibly
come up with a good workaround/fix?

Andy Lauber
Software Engineer II

Midland Loan Services, a PNC Real Estate business
10851 Mastin, Suite 300
Overland Park KS 66210
(p) 913.253.9097 | (f) 913.253.9001
james.lau...@midlandls.com

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The
postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at
this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe.
you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC.
Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your
subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails.