Hi Drew,

What attribute in AD are you querying by? If it is something like username
(samaccount) then I would think the return would be 1 record. Is it possible
that the query against AD is the problem and 2000 is the limit on the
return?

Regarding performance you may get a little better performance if you query
the AD Global Catalog. I can't remember the default port for the GC right
now but I am sure the Googles know.  It doesn't have all of the AD schema
attributes but it has the main ones. It also doesn't fix the issue of 2000
records being returned but may provide a little relief.

Jason

Jason