From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Andrew C Goodall
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 3:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: set fields to web services - utilizing repeating elements

**

ARS 7.5 patch 4

Issue: the web service I'm calling has a repeating xml element, e.g. target
names that I can append multiple values to

<ns0:targets>

<ns0:target>

<ns0:targetId>xxxx</ns0:targetId>

<ns0:deploySchedule>2011-08-17T16:36:12.101-05:00</ns0:deploySchedule>

</ns0:target>

</ns0:targets>

However I don't see how I can utilize a repeating element in a Set Fields
action, Data Source: Web Service.

Ideally I would of like to of seen a call to a filter guide to build the
repeating element.

Has anyone else worked with repeating xml elements in a web service action,
can this be done in Remedy?

Else, I'll have to request the web service designer to alter the web service
design to provide and input for a delimited list, where I can loop through a
table and build the delimited list first into a temp field.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall

Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com
<http://www.jcp.com/>

which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this
message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any
review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.