From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of JD Hood
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:01 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Approval Central 7.6.04sp1

** I always like to create a form -- call it, "The Parking Lot" or
whatever. Every custom field I add to any form in the system gets copied
to the parking lot. You can organize it by parent form with boxes or
page fields, etc and you can add the parking lot to the associated
workflow. You could also add an attachment field to store parent-form
view-defs if you think it's needed. That way, when the update/patch
creams some custom work, at least I still have an in-system backup I can
copy/paste from. A bit kludgy, but It's turned major headaches into
minor ones before.

I don't know if this would scale to a heavily customized system, but
there are a bunch of techniques people use to CYA and this is just one.

-JDH

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Tommy Morris