MinOccurs = 0 and Nillable = True - if you want it to be an optional
mapping. You may not want to always set both to this, but in most cases
it won't hurt.

Here's an article on the difference:
http://www.dimuthu.org/blog/2008/08/18/xml-schema-nillabletrue-vs-minocc
urs0/

You have to set it for each field where this may apply.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall

Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com
<http://www.jcp.com/>