Another approach is to create a filter with execute on create delete and modify. Add all of the forms to it. Set the condition to match the users in the test group set the else action the throw an error. Then you can just enable the filter during testing and disable it when doen.

Ken.

-----Original message-----
From: Trez Moreland <tmorel...@dbm.state.md.us>
To:           arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, Sep 21, 2011 13:28:40 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: Blocking Users from PRD Server for Testing After Upgrade

Thanks Ken & Frederick for the quick reply.  Good ideas!

I have a fairly small test group about (8 testers) - problem is - some of my user base authenticates via LDAP and a smaller # (about 25) use Remedy authentication w/password management. Someone suggested using a combination approach. The suggestion was that I consider exporting user data for those who authenticate via Remedy (user name & password ), turn off LDAP completely, delete password for Remedy authenticaters, assign testers passwords in User form, complete testing, then import the passwords back into the User form. Worst case would be about 20 users could potentially have to change their passwords ... Makes me a little nervous though.
Any thoughts?