From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza [jdso...@shyle.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Running ARS in Read-Only mode?

**

Vaibhav,

What would be the purpose of running a system that costs almost an arm and a leg and a half to run it in a read only mode? Just curious..

Wouldn’t just a cheap RDBMS database (like Access) serve the same purpose if you just want to store relationship data, to just view it using some type of a frontend??

Even if you want to only report from that instance, it is sufficient to mirror the database to a reporting server, and install your reporting tools on that server. Personally I don’t see any other reason why you might want a read only AR System instance.. If you must have an AR Server instance installed there, then what John said will work. But it is a huge overkill for reading relational data.. Its like renting a over size U-Haul van for the purpose of going to the grocery to buy a dozen X-small chicken eggs..

Joe