I was told by support people you should always type in the password in the
installer even if it looks like the correct password is there

Fred

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of patrick zandi
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS 7.6.04 SP2 Solaris installer Oracle db.

** This was an upgrade from 7.6.04 SP1 -- forgot to mention.
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 9:05 AM, patrick zandi
<rem...com<mailto:remedy...@gmail.com>> wrote:
OK folks,
ARS 7.6.04 SP2 (released Oct 11) - Oracle 11.iR2
Solaris 10  I installed, and the installer was pretty intelligent, and I had 1
minor weird issue, and the fix was odd. Where the page is that asked for the
aradmin and password (put in the password). mine was default for aradmin
however it did not like it when I got to the page that asked for the system
password it says the aradmin password was wrong (you would think that was
already done).. so if you go back 4 - 5 steps and put in the aradmin and
password, then as you move forward : bang it knows the rest and does it (fairly
intelligent). Strange but it went through the install without a hitch..
I have not see anything like this in a while..  have not tested fully.. but
wanted you all to know.. we are making progress...

Thanks BMC

--
Patrick Zandi