From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Unable to connect to oracle when starting remedy

Hi listers,

We had an issue with our server today.  The server process stopped and when
trying to restart it we can't connect to the database (oracle) due to a bad
username/password issue.  Checked with our DBA and the oracle password had
expired and was locked.  Changed it to un-locked and tried to restart the
server process.  We are still getting the bad username/password when trying to
connect to oracle.  We can sqlplus into the database with the username/password
combination.

Is there a config file that can be updated offline to set the database password
that remedy process is looking for when trying to connect?

any help would be appreciated.

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
e-mail and any printout.