From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Peter Romain
Sent: 26 October 2011 14:03
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM Product Catalogue

**

The BMC ADDM guys produced a product catalog for software that the patterns
in ADDM used.

This was withdrawn as it was pretty poor but we should expect it to reappear
at some point.

BMC has said in the past that the system will include more, better quality
sample foundation data based on ADDM and it would be good to see this
happening.

I also start by using the sample data which takes care of most classes. The
more complex ones like computer and product are added to as CI's are brought
in.

Using the rule that no CIs are reconciled unless they are normalised should
help keep the product catalog clean.