From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] on
behalf of Geoffrey Endresen [geoffer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Any recommendations on Oracle 11.2 init.ora settings with v7.1

**
All,

I've seen a few people that are using the 11.2 Oracle with the Oracle 10g
client from the application servers. I'm interested in oracle settings in the
init.ora that give best performance for a shared DB server for a Server Group.
We have about 12 hosts in our server group now. We don't plan to upgrade to
v7.6 until next year.

The only setting we are currently using is the ar.conf setting for Cursor
Sharing = FORCE

--
-Geoff Endresen
Amazon.com