We have 3 server running ars 7.1 P6 or P9 and P11
Oracle 11 i is running just fine.
Client oracle 10r2 must be used...
So you have to install the oracle 10 client, and test sqlplus or tnsping
with it (client)
Then you just use remedy to point to it.. and it runs..
Have had Zero issues... we are using this in an Enterpise setup,
we have multiple nics X5 on the box, with SAN on the solaris box (that is
where oracle is)

Always make a backup (and I ask for an export as well, just in case)

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM, thojciv <thao.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> BMC has confirmed, via support and as stated in the compatibility matrix,
> that ARS 7.1 is not certified compatible on Oracle 11g.  BMC support has
> stated that although the matrix indicates so, it does not mean that ARS 7.1
> will not work on 11g, it might .  BMC has indicates we must upgrade to ARS
> 7.6.04 and cannot use 7.1 apps due to new features such as overlays.  Our
> company is trying to upgrade most if not all Oracle DBs to 11g and we need
> to determine the effort/risk involved.
>
> Has anyone had experience running ARS 7.1 with 7.1 apps on Oracle 11g?
>
> Were there any major pitfalls (performance, specific application ie. SLM,
> Incident Management-related issues, etc.) or advice you can provide?
>
> We are currently on Oracle 10.2, SunOS 5.10, running ARS 7.1.00 Patch 009.
>
> Please let me know if I should provide additional information.
>
> I really appreciate any and all feedback.
>
> Thank you.
> --

Patrick Zandi