Well...

You would expect removing a field form base, to remove the field from the
base form, if you are working in base-development, but still retain it in
the overlay.

I tried this. It was OK to remove it via DevStudio from the Base-form, and
it is removed from both Base and Overlay (with overlaid view)...

I have not done logging, so I do not know if DevStudio updated both the
base and the overlay form.

         Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se