Very good help, Dave... excellent points from Don McLure and Phil Bautista
(off-line), as well.

Many thanks, and Happy Holidays!

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Shellman, David
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: xMatters / AlarmPoint

**
Ray,

I think the answer depends on what your looking for.  I have found that
xMatters (not owned by BMC although they resell the product) can do a lot.
Sales folks will even have you think you can't live without it.

In my opinion many of the items that are controlled through xMatters should
be done else where.  We have tech folks make themselves available and
control their notifications within the AR System.  Yes one can also respond
to a ticket through xMatters yet one can do that through MidTier as well
(except from an iDevice but some day soon maybe).

We use TelAlert for our text messaging from the AR System and other apps.

Dave
  _____