Hi Irina,

  The selling model has not changed the license requirements for applications.
So you'll still need an AR System server license, AR System user license,
application license and application user license.  However, the new selling
model puts those licenses together into a suite of offerings.  Think of it like
a "bundle" of licenses in one offering rather than having to buy each license
a' la carte.

The ITSM Suite base license grants you the application licenses for everything
within the ITSM Suite, including AR System server.  You must then purchase the
user license bundles needed to power the applications that you wish to use
(commonly referred to as "adding capacity").

  So, if you plan to use just Change Management, you'd purchase the Change
Management user license bundle - which includes an AR System user license and a
Change Management user license.   If you plan to use just Service Desk, you'd
purchase the Service Desk user license bundle - which includes an AR System
user license, Incident user license and Problem user license.

  If your users will be utilizing multiple applications within the Suite, you
can also purchase the Suite user license which is a bundle that includes the
user licenses for the most popular AR System powered applications in the Suite
(Service Desk, Asset, Change, Service Request Management, AR System and Service
Level Management).

  So in your example, if you have 20 people working with all the ITSM Suite
modules, you would purchase one ITSM Suite base license for the application
licenses and then 20 ITSM Suite user licenses to add capacity to the Suite
applications you're using.   You can also purchase additional bundles for
Remedy Knowledge Management, IT Business Management, BSM Dashboards or BMC
Analytics.

Your BMC sales person would be the best resource to answer questions about your
specific situation, so I'd recommend contacting them at your earliest
convenience to ensure you understand the selling model and get the right advice
for your environment.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.