From: Arner, Todd
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:39 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Using the READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT database option on ARS Database

**
We are looking at enabling the READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT database option to ON
for AR System database per the recommendations in the Performance Tuning for
Business Service Management white paper from BMC.  I am curious if others are
using this option and if it caused any issues after you enabled it? Any
information you can share on how you sized your tempDB or other helpful tips is
greatly appreciated.

We turned the option on in our development environment and it seemed to work
for about a week until the drive that housed the tempDB filled up and shut down
the SQL server.  An additional 10 GB of storage was added and it filled up
within 2 hours.

Our ARS DB is 57 GB
The tempDB had 23 GB at first and an additional 10 GB was added.  According to
our DBA, this should be more than enough space to handle the setting.

The SQL server that houses the ARS DB also include 55 other “test” DB, so I am
not convinced that Remedy is the cause of the tempDB filling up.

ARS 7.5
MSSQL 2005

Thanks,
Todd Arner