From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ben Chernys
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:43 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Issues with 7.6.03 & 7.6.04 install

**

Hi Folks,

Season's greetings to all.

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Environment:  Win R2 2008 x64 Server Enterprise on VM Workstation with 8Gb; MS
SQL 2008 Server

ITSM pre-configurered stack installer.

I noticed that there is a new requirement that the "AR Alias Name be in a DNS
server" (and after troubleshooting this many many times), so I added to the Win
Server the DSN server, as well as a Domain server, fixed the SQL server
authentication etc.  I have a static IP on a VMWare bridged interface for IPV4,
still DHCP on IPV6.

I still the same problem I always had since 7.6.03 (on a simpler machine) which
is this:

ARS starts up, loads all workflow, forms etc but never opens the listen port
and hangs in the starting state.  It looks like AR Escalator is working as are
all other internal threads.  No activity in the process.  The service then
hangs in the Starting state and AR monitor (of-course) complains.

I have tried this on Oracle with 7.6.03 and the same problem (just ARS no ITSM).

Anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

Cheers

Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:       Ben.Chernys _AT_ softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com