The thing that I would have hoped this addressed but has not:

*"BMC Software will only develop new hot fixes for problems of high
technical impact or business exposure for the customer. The degree of
impact and exposure and the consequent activities will be determined at BMC
discretion, with customer input."*

Too many times the solution to issues I perceive as critical has been to
upgrade to the latest patch/version (which is not a possibility).  A poll
on the issues (like a +1 from registered users) from the community (not the
number of issues) would be ideal.

All in all I think the new method of retiring support is better than the
old way because it gives a more predictable maintenance/upgrade path for
users of BMC products.  It helps for those that are in the business of
planning and budgeting, which I think applies to most every company and
organization, though there seem to be some exceptions (those entities that
are allowed to run unlimited deficits).

Axton Grams