From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:32 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Created Overlay by Mistake

**
That is a bit of a general statement :)   If you had considerable time invested
in your overlay and delete it you have still lost the customizations/extensions
and data in overlaid fields.

My concern is that the word Delete has different range of ramifications
depending on what type of object you are deleting.  If you delete an Unmodified
or Custom form it is gone and the data (T/H/B tables) and non-shared workflow
went with it.  If you delete a Overlay form then you obviously lose data in any
fields you added (if you added data fields, you may overlay a form just for
view adjustments) but no workflow objects are deleted.

Maybe it is just one of those things you learn to never accidentally do again
after it happens the first time.

Jason

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Joe Martin D'Souza