From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Anderson, Doug
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Does arserver need true IP of client instead of proxy IP?

**
Running ARS 7.1 (yep an oldie but a goodie). Moving to new virtual servers with
a "proxy model" such that arserver would, by default, see an IP address
associated with the virtual server backend rather than the client's true IP
address.

Will that work OK or do we need to configure the virtual server to "send the
real client IP in another header field if Remedy needs it and can read it from
there"?

(The quotations above are from an email from our server jockey, so I passed
along her terminology.)

Thanks for any feedback.

Doug Anderson
Mayo Clinic