I don't know if I uderstood your mail completelly, but I'll try to help you.

You can create a view at the database that points to an external database.
Depending on your database engine this is done by one or another way.

Then you can access this view from Remedy using a view form.

Regards,

Jose Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/