Making this change on the requestID field value probably isn't the best route
to use, or at least the format.

The field is limited to 15 characters and your customization is using up 8.
This leaves only 7 numbers available for ticket number which results in a max
of 10,000,000 tickets less 1 in your system.

Sure the prefix changes, but the counter portion doesn't.

Once you hit ticket ten million, your workflow overwrites the 1 and you now
ether have a duplicate ticket number or you were saved by the prefix for a
different company. At this stage the number of errors start.

We use the instancID field to break things up by company and ticket type. The
field is 38 characters and most values are only 30 characters in length.

Brent...

Sent from my iPhone, so typo's or funky words can and do happen!