Hi Listers,

Just a heads up to let you all know that we will soon be putting out a call for
papers for the WWRUG12 to be held this year in San Jose, California.  Now is
the time to prepare your topics for our upcoming conference.  We are looking
for topics that fall into categories such as Case Studies (challenges you or
your customers have faced and how you overcame them), Tips and Tricks (not just
limited to ITSM, but anything Remedy related that you feel could help your
fellow listers), Tools and Applications that help you get your daily work done
(or ways to leverage existing tools/apps), Integrations that are related to our
beloved AR System or apps built on it, etc.

You will need to provide us with a synopsis of your proposed paper, how it
relates to the AR System, the benefits it provides, the level of technical
expertise it pertains to, which category it falls into (Case Study, Tips &
Tricks, Tools, Applications, Integrations, etc.), be able to present it in a 45
minute timeslot that includes a brief introduction, your topic, preferably a
live working demo of your idea (not just powerpoint slides), and at least ten
minutes for questions and answers at the end of your 45 minute window.

For those of you that have come across some valuable information you are just
dying to share with your colleagues, now is the time to gear up to be a Remedy
Rockstar and share your knowledge with your Remedy family.  For those with
updates to tools/apps that have made their way into our lives, we look forward
to learning about the new functionality in the latest releases.  It doesn't
have to be Earth Shattering but needs to be of value at any level (remember we
always have some new folks every year).

I talk to enough of you who are Customers, Partners, or Employees of BMC to
know that in addition to the ideas presented on the List there are some very
cool ideas being shared about how to do things that either haven't been done
before, reminders of things that we take for granted, or improvements on the
way things have been done in the past using our current toolsets and
methodologies.

In addition we will be looking for BMC to share with us some of their new
developments in the AR System, Applications and Integrations and how we can
leverage them at our jobs and for our customers.

Our goal is to get the papers approved and the topics published as early as
possible to allow you more time to take the agenda to your management and get
approval to attend along with the growing number of attendees (yes we have
grown each year).

In just a few short weeks, we will open the Call for Papers, publish the
timeline and provide an online (Remedy based) app for you to enter your
proposed topics.

I am thrilled to let you know that the Board has already had several really
great and relevant topics already even before we officially launch the Call for
Papers!

So put your fingers to the keyboard and prepare to submit your topics very soon.

We look forward to hearing from You!

Phil Bautista
WWRUG12 Technical Session Manager