Hello List,

Senario:

Unix 6.1 Server A, current prod has ARS 7.5p4 installed on Oracle 10g local
to server. The only components are Arsystem, ARDBC, AREA, EmailEngine,
Flashboard. The mid-tier is remote. We have custom Change Management and
Service (incident) management.

Unix 6.1 Server B, new hardware/f/w, has ARS 7.5p4 installed (like prod) on
Oracle 10g local to server. The only components are Arsystem, ARDBC, AREA,
WebServices, Approval Server,  Assignment Engine, EmailEngine, Flashboard.
The mid-tier is remote.

What would be the best way to move data, configuration, def files etc to the
new server?

Tell me if this will work. (Both server a & b will be backed up)
1. We are going to extract the schema from Server A and import to server B.
2. This will bring over data, conf, def files from Server A, and delete
Server B.
3. Then re-import the WebServices, Approval Server,  Assignment Engine from
the def files the installer laid down on the server.
4. Then start the application and test each of the above components are
working.