From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Carina Burns
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:04 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Fixed/Floating Licenses, chg after upgrade?

Hello all,

Over spring break I will be upgrading to ARS 7.1 patch 11.  I've looked thru
the docs, white papers, etc, but I've not found the answer I'm looking for in
the mounds of information available.  I want to know if licenses will be
handled differently in ARS 7.1.  We're currently on ARS 7.01.

The reason I ask is we have an inquiry form for users and it logs in with a
fixed license that's shared across the school district.  We obviously don't
have enough coin to buy a license for everyone for a form that's infrequently
used. I've set up the form to log out the shared user id and even with the mac
address tracking, it works well nearly all of the time.  I'm not anxious to
have to find another solution.

Also, are there any show stoppers I should watch out for going from ARS 7.01 to
7.1?  I've tested on a puny development box with 3 fixed licenses and so far so
good.  But, I figured I should tap the collective knowledge here before I
impact the whole district.  The production backend is Ora10g on linux and a
Windows 2003 server running Apache Tomcat 5.0.27 and Crystal XI for the
application server.

Thanks!

Carina