From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 1:49 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Slightly OT: Where does $DATE$ come from?

I wonder if this is explainable.. It’s the Date Modified attribute of a file on
disk - which when copied to a flash drive, the value is the same, until the day
the time changes.. ((See attached image))

Notice that the last file that I copied today has the exact same time while the
files that were copied before today *HAD* the exact same time until Saturday
night.. Where they all fell an hour behind on the flash drive..

I thought it was interesting.. And I found an interesting and plausible
explanation to it..

http://ask-leo.com/why_do_file_timestamps_compare_differently_every_time_change.html

Joe