From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Goodall, Andrew C
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:33 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Dialog that does not restrict edit to parent

**
ARSList,

I'm looking for a way to launch a dialog box that will still allow for the
editing of the parent form.

We have a need to pop some data to the users regarding additional site data
that is important to read and use while the service desk associate is
displaying and modifying or creating an incident.

However, the customer wants the user to still be able to edit the parent
incident record while that pop notification dialog is being displayed.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish that - the traditional dialog window will not
allow the user to modify the parent form until the dialog is closed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andrew Goodall
Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com