We had to do the same thing in our organization.
1.You could bulk relate multiple CI to change ticket out of the box. In the
CI search window search for a CI name pattern and multiple select and click
relate.   It will relate all of them to change tkt.
2. Then we have an escalation which will create the unavailability records
on Schedule Start date of the Change tkt.
    It does some validation like if the change is approved or not. If it is
approved then it will create unavailability records once the Schedule Start
Date passes.
3. To extend this process, we also have integration with monitoring tools,
so upon unavailability records creation on remedy will issue commands to
turn off monitoring for the CIs..
4.Once the Schedule End date passes remedy will again issue commands to
start monitoring for those CIs.

There are a few checks and balances you many need to do for the process but
general idea is as described as above.