In ITSM 7.6.03+ there is this new feature when you create a new people
entry it creates a CI in Person class of CMDB.
I would imagine it has to run automated reconciliation jobs to do that.
I am not sure if it has any role to play with what you are seeing in your
environment.
And these should be caught in api/sql logs. You can turn on logging on
reconciliation jobs also.
There are a few filters you can turn off for this sync to stop or disable
the reconciliation jobs templorarily.