From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mark Milke
Sent: 02 April 2012 10:22
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: [Mid Tier] How to release an occupied TCP Port?

Hello there,

I'm using a Linux RedHat Server. I had Tomcat 5 running Mid tier 7.5 on port
8000 of the local machine. We've upgraded to 7.6.4 and want to keep the Mid
tier on port 8000, however since the installer recommended an upgrade to
Tomcat 6 the installer couldn't install Mid tier on port 8000, because the
port was occupied. So we let him use to port 8080. and the installation was
successful.

Afterwards we've removed all Tomcat 5 rpm packages, but the port 8000 is
still occupied. netstat -tan|grep :800 says:

tcp 0 0 :::8000 :::* LISTEN

How to figure out who is using the port and how to get rid of him?

Thanks
Mark