From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of pascale.sterr...@daimler.com
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 10:51 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email parser stripping spaces in any field with no visible logic

**
I am out of ideas, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to understand and find a fix to this for over 2 months now.
And BMC support has been totally useless so far.
(even with the ticket escalated like 3 times)

This is the issue.
We have an email template that is supposed to create a new entry in a form.
Easy enough

BUT, the email parser for some reasons, strip the space from some field, and
not always the same field.

For example:
In the email template being sent, we have

        !8!: LN Request - IT Access Request For Lastname, FirstName

But the value saved in the form turns out to be

        LN Request - IT Access RequestFor Lastname, FirstName

Stripping the space between Request and For

Same with a selection field.

        !536870911!: Does not require a change to production

turns into
        Does not require a changeto production (which is not a valid selection
and gives an errors, rejecting the entry.)

The problem is the stripping of the spaces. It doesn't seem to have any logic
associated with when it will strip it.

ARS 7.5 patch 008
SQL 2005 (remote DB)
Win 2003

no OOB.

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your
cooperation.