You can use Meta-Update for this.  With Meta-Update you will not need any
staging forms or merge workflow.   With Meta-Update any errors are
automatically logged and the input file records that caused the errors can
be automatically replicated to a different file.  Any needed data can be
loaded or set.

With Meta-Update, development savings over staging forms etc. are in the
order of magnitude scale.

Cheers
Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:       Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and the new
Freebies section for an ITSM 7.6.04 Forms and Fields spreadsheet,

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/