Meta-Update has a sample that runs through arschema and builds a CSV of
pertinent details plus a record count.
Meta-Query allows you ARS and SQL queries without a database client.

A trial license is free and includes this and other samples.  You would have
your counts after a few minutes of our Live Install WebEx session.

Arschema does not give a count of rows.  It does give the next available '1'
field value but that cannot be used as it will not take deletions and
uncreated records into account.

You can build a View form on arschema and populate an extra DO field on a
Get filter with the count.

Cheers

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:       Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and out Freebies
Section for an ITSM 7.6.04 Forms and Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/