Vikram,

I will point you to the Approval Server and the documentation about that
subsystem.  There is a full manual to describe that subsystem and how to
configure it.

You will end up creating an approval process and you configure the SRM product
to call that -- no custom filter is needed.  The process you configure for doing
what you are calling for can be done in a number of different ways.  To some
degree, it depends on the relationship between the three approvers.

Option 1 -- if the approvers are a management chain

Simply define a hierarchical approval model and point it at the form that
defines the management chain.

Option 2 -- if the approvers are a random list with no stored order other than
just needing to happen in sequence

You could define a committee approval model with three levels of committee and
one person in each committee.  This allows you to list a random order of people
that happen in sequence and you could have one or several at each level.

Option 3 -- if there is some other rule you can use to find who is next after
one person approves

You could define a rule based approval processes where you supply the rules you
want to use to find the next users

There are options 4, 5, 6, and more as well.  It all depends on what the
relationship of the people are.

You can even have an option where users are added by one approver specifying who
is next or for any option you can just add users at any time for additional
approvals or ......

More options and controls than you can dream of (like voting where you need
75% of a committee to approve to move forward or to run several full processes
either in parallel or serially with each approval process consisting of zero
or more people running together to produce a single result of approval or not).

All of this is available with the approval server.

Your request is actually a very simple flow that is easily configured within
the approval rules.

And importantly, all of this is CONFIGURATION where you go into the Approval
Server and build definitions of processes and rules (and notifications and
exception handling and other similar things) and the system will then run your
approval process.  You do not need to create any workflow or use Dev Studio
for anything here.

It will also allow you to preview things so you can see who has approved, who
is left to approve and what order they are in.

Take a look.  I think you will find what you are looking for.

Doug Mueller