From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: How to Delete a row in Active Link

I see more than one problem with that approach of 'pushing' info into that
field that you create.

This would mean that every time someone opens or closes a form (since the
requirement is that it doesn't matter if they are updating it or not),
there will be an update on the Last Modified Date as well as Last Modified
By field as a result of the Push Fields action.

The other problem I see with Push Fields is, that you unnecessarily would
have to have the AR application to process the entire list of Filters on
the incident form while performing that Push Fields, which would mean that
you would need to modify a ton of workflow for certain conditions that
might have actually prevented the modification of that record for whatever
reasons (data validations being most of them).

While the use of Direct SQL is not greatly encouraged in ARS development
in your workflow, it is the ideal candidate for this requirement. A Direct
SQL to set that flag will not alter the core user stamp and time stamp
fields..

What I fail to understand is the need for deleting the incident? Can you
shed some light as to why you need an incident to be deleted and the
conditions under which you want that incident record to be deleted? Also
what do you mean by 'new form name for the schema' in your syntax for the
Application-Delete-Entry command?? Something tells me that you are
'expecting' this operation to do something way different than it is
designed for....

Joe