Hi Jason – thanks for your help –

I did try the other form method first as it seemed to be the better option,
however I never got it to work.

What happened was that the other form would not be ‘activated’ On Display
or On Window Loaded or On Window Open for the HPD:Help Desk form.  It did
in one trial only when I had HPD:Help Desk as a secondary form in the
‘Associated Forms’ in the top part of the Active Link.

My users do not want the Last Modified By / Date to be updated when this
‘Opened By’ field is populated – and I Must somehow SAVE the field because
other users need to see it.  That was back when we were talking about the “
@@:Application-Query-Delete-Entry” stuff.  Sigh.   Nothing is easy here
evidently.   The SAVE error message pops up when the HPD:Help Desk is an
associated form.  So that is a big no-no.   L

I was sure hoping that the Direct SQL would just get in there and do the
job and get out.   But again I’m having technical difficulty.

I’m still working on the date-integer field, and I hope this will work
without getting the Save error notice when they try to close without doing
anything.

Thanks again so much for your help!!!