*From:* Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] *On Behalf Of *Joe Martin D'Souza
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:51 AM
*To:* arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
*Subject:* Re: question on Incident Console Window Open vs. Search Incident
Window Open

**

$USER$ does not have strange values on any version of AR System that I have
known – and I have been through quite a few versions..

It is the Remedy User Login Name used to login into the client. There is NO
OTHER possible value it can assume.

Values like ‘Remedy Application Service’, ‘AR_ESCALATOR’, are internal
system users. that are used by the AR System to process certain internal
things such as internal ITSM processes, or escalations..

What is it that you are really trying to search for? State your
requirements in plain English instead of translating it to a technical
requirement..

Joe