From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Terry Bootsma
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:42 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Adding HR Department to ITSM Application using Multi-tenancy

**
Similiar to what Brian mentions below, I think you have no other option than
writing your own filter to overwrite the "row level access" fields during
certain key incident events.

However, you will also have to determine the business rules as to when you want
to overwrite the access, and when you want to restore it.  For example,

(a) When HR people submit incidents, do you want all incidents to be restricted
to HR for the entire incident lifecycle?
(b) When other people submit incidents and they get assigned to HR, will this
incident then only be viewable by HR?  What about the incident owner? Will they
still be able to view the incident?
(c) Will HR ever assign the incident back to the owner or other groups during
the incident lifecycle (ex. incorrectly assigned, minor work)?  If so, you will
have to restore the original incident permissions and invoke workflow to ensure
that this is reset.  If reset , how do you handle viewing any information by
other groups that may have been entered by HR?   This will have to be addressed.
(d) Notifications during the incident lifecycle.  Ensure that any notifications
that might be sent to the customer, contact, or owner group that will prompt
them to view the incident (in ITSM) will not be restricted by the permissions
of the incident at that time.
(e) Will there be similiar restrictions on any related Problems, Known Errors,
Changes, etc. that might be related to this incident? (not sure of your scope)

So, while technically possible (the beauty of Remedy!) , the above questions
will also have to be addressed.

Terry