I'm in a similar situation.  BMC has put together a matrix comparing the two,
but it's not very complete.  According to BMC, SCSM isn't something that has
been a competitor to the Remedy platform in the past, so they don't have a well
put together comparison between the two.

I have put together a much more detailed comparison, and I am going to be
sitting in a demo from Microsoft on SCSM next week.  Perhaps in two weeks I'll
have more information to compare the two.  Right now, there are some basic core
things missing in SCSM that doesn't have me thrilled to potentially implement
it.  Some of the major gaps are:

- No web interface (other than going through a third party add-on, although
their SRM equivalent is SharePoint based.)
- No Asset Management (you have to purchase something from a Microsoft partner
like Provance.)
- Basic configuration tasks are much more difficult (e.g. the ease of setting
up an Assignment mapping in Remedy is replaced by something more manual in SCSM
which I would compare to setting up an SLA in SLM.)
- The product is full of hidden costs, so at least in our organization it's
looking like it may potentially be less expensive to keep Remedy and purchase
additional licenses rather than implementing SCSM.  Microsoft tries to hide
lots of expenses hidden into bundles of other products.
- SCCM is not a complete overlap with ADDM.  The "discovery" portion of SCSM is
basically geared around Windows Servers and Clients, and it is not agentless.
I'm also not sure that it can do a good job of mapping out relationships like
ADDM does.

There are several other areas, but most of my initial opinion was based off of
SCSM 2008, so I have to wait to see the 2012 demo before I can confidently give
a good comparison.  On a personal note, I am conflicted because I know Remedy
is a better product, but I am also interested in learning other applications so
if I got a chance to implement SCSM that could be an interesting challenge.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer