From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Goodall, Andrew C
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:59 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Illegal group reference

**
http://cephas.net/blog/2006/02/09/javalangillegalargumentexception-illegal-group-reference-replaceall-and-dollar-signs/

Regards,

Andrew C. Goodall
Software Engineer
Development Services
ago...@jcpenney.com<mailto:ago...@jcpenney.com>
jcpenney
6501 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024
jcp.com

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Brittain, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:37 PM
To: arslist@arslist.org<mailto:arslist@arslist.org>
Subject: Illegal group reference

**
HI All,

Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend. I have a case were a Submit email
template is sent to Remedy creating a record. This has been working great for
about 6 month and now all of a sudden I am getting this error. In the body of
the message is a Description field. As shown below, it throws the error. If I
take out "Password: Dgakh%1994" it works fine.

Description    !600000505!: [$$ This user is having a problem  Please advise.
User Name: bright.stud...@myclass.org<mailto:bright.stud...@myclass.org>
Password: Dgakh%1994  $$]

Message Number 0
Generated by Program
Illegal group reference
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference
                at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Unknown Source)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.PasswordKeyContentParser.replaceValue(PasswordKeyContentParser.java:125)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.checkPasswordsAndKeys(ReceiverModule.java:1591)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.createContentAttachment(ReceiverModule.java:1509)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.logMessage(ReceiverModule.java:837)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:262)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:268)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone know what is happening?
ARS 6.3 patch 20
SunOS 5.9
Oracle 9.2

Thanks
Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer
ITILv3 Foundation
NaviSite - A Time Warner Cable Company
mbritt...@navisite.com<mailto:mbritt...@navisite.com>
Office: 315-453-2912 x5335
Mobile: 315-882.5360

________________________________
This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.
_attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com<http://www.wwrug.com> ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"_

it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this
message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any
review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.