Happy Friday all,

I am setting up our HR department with SRM and we would like to have HR tickets
segregated from the others

1.       Avoid advance interface forms, to allow for self-administration of SR
Catalog, and keep any maintenance tasks to a minimum

2.       Non-HRIS personnel should not have access to HRIS Requests nor Work
Order/Tasks

3.       All HRIS personnel should have access to Requests, WOs, Tasks,
regardless of assignment

4.       Non-HRIS Requests, WOs, Tasks need to be available to the rest of the
users

I am looking at setting up row level security for this, so if you have tried
this I'd be very appreciative of your experience. Here's what I have been able
to discern so far:

OOB SRM:Request's field 1, 'SysRequestID', has only the Assignee, Assignee
Group, OBOAssignee, Submitter, Vendor Assignee Groups and 'Unrestricted Access'
(role) that grant access to an entry.

Though 'Assignee Group' is set, no field 112 has been created. The
'OBOAssignee' field is used, and workflow sets this to $USER$, $Requested By
Login ID$, and $Requested For Login ID$. Similarly, the Vendor Assignee is set
by workflow as well, if a vendor is assigned the request.

My working plan is to remove the 'Unrestricted Access' from field 1, use the
assignee group in field 112 and a parent group in a dynamic group field as
described in the FormApp guide to grant access to the assignee group and all
HRIS groups. Filters will set field 112, the system will set the dynamic group
and all HRIS groups should have access to the tickets when an HRIS group is
assigned. If the Assignee is not in HRIS, a generic permissions group (General
Access?) will be put into 112.

First, if anyone has a better idea on this, please let me know.

Otherwise, what I'm going to be looking at is whether or not I a filter can
determine if an assignee group is in a parent group (so I don't have to update
code when HR adds a new support group).

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.