This happened to us also, we are on ars 7.6.03p002, itsm 7.6.03p002,
windows 2008, server group.
When we made changes like turning on/off logs  (not even related to
ports/thread) in admin console using midtier and click SAVE sometimes we
saw these lines getting deleted in ar.conf file. We have seen this
happening more than once, probably some bug with ardbc adapter used by
admin console updating ar.conf file. We could not replicate the same issue
with user tool. Since then we use only user tool to make these changes.