Good morning folks,

I'm about to begin working on something and I wanted to run it past you all
first.  Our problem is that we rely heavily on Tasks for infrastructure groups
that are part of Change Requests yet approvals for those groups must be done
manually.  For example, the DBA team works almost exclusively through Tasks
assigned to them from other groups so without any way of automatically adding
approvals, their management are left off accidentally.  My plan is to integrate
Task Management with Approvals to resolve this.  On the Change Management
level, I have mappings set up to automatically add the supervisor of the Change
Coordinator group as an Implementation approver.  The goal is to extend that to
Implementation Tasks as well.

What I'm thinking is that when a Change Request goes to the Scheduled for
Approval status, pull back the unique list of Assignee Groups for all Tasks
with a status of Staged into a table, then run through that table and 1) pull
in the Approval Mappings for Change Coordinator Group, and 2) create an
approval request for each one that will be related to the CRQ.

Has anyone done something like this before?  Can you think of any drawbacks to
this design or better ways to do it?  I've already created a custom approval
phase on Change Management for Tester approval and have it tied to a custom
"Change Tester" field populated by the Change Coordinator so that part of the
equation is very easy.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.