 From: Axton <axton.gr...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: how to change RMI port of email engine

**
You can check if the port is in use using netstat.  For example. to see if port
1100 is available:

[user@server AREmail]$ netstat -na |grep 1100
      *.1100               *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

If you get a line back that says LISTEN, it means that the port is already in
use.

If you try to use a port that is already in use, I expect that either the email
engine will not start or it will start but not respond to admin requests.

Axton

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM, ITSM.Support <itsm.supp...@vyomlabs.com> wrote:

**
>Hi,
>
>Yes, we can change RMI Port in emaildeamon.properties.
>
>One of the cause of error could be new port number. Please check if new port
number is in use.

>Also please check below steps.
>1. Stop the AR Server services
>2. Perform the changes in emaildeamon.properties file and save the file
>3. Start AR Server services
>
>HTH
>--
>Regards,
>ITSM Support
>
>Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
>BSM Solutions & Services || ITIL Consulting & Training
>Email: i...@vyomlabs.com
|| Web Site: www.vyomlabs.com Follow Vyom Labs http://twitter.com/#!/vyomlabs
|| http://www.linkedin.com/company/vyom-labs

System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of jaya
munjal
>Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 4:16 PM
>To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
>Subject: how to change RMI port of email engine
>
>**
>Hi List
>
>Is it
possible to change the RMI port on which the email engine is running, I tried
changing the port in the emaildeamon.properties file but the email engine did
not start. Is there somewhere else where configuration needs to be changes.

>ARS
7.6.04 SP2
>DB -
oracle