From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Matt Reinfeldt
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 8:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT (kind of): Post Upgrade - Server Information is empty

**

Tauf,

Sorry for the delayed response... I was travelling yesterday.  So, I've been
banging my head trying to remember where I saw this, and I haven't been able to
dig it up.  The issue stems from the way that Remedy takes the hostname and
determines the domain and plugs the two together.  So, in the past, I've seen
places where you'll see in the logs something like, "Failure to connect to
hostname.domain.name.domain.name".  What my group has started doing is ensuring
that the following values are set properly, and then using the hostname
(shortname) in the Plugin-Server-Alias value.

Server-Name: <short server name>

Server-Connect-Name: <FQDN of Server>

Both of the following KBs reference the issue/solution as well... KA316519,
KA338903

Hope that helps!

Matt