I have doubt on this.

if you say automating the process the why do you need point 1 and 2.

if you going to use point 1 and 2 then their is no need to do any thing in
the assignment engine, as the system will automatically populate the name
of the consultants in the drop down if status = available from the people
form.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Rajendra Kapale <rajendra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> ** Below idea can be automated if you use assignment engine to do the
> assignments based on a rule.
>

> 1) Form A which has information of all the consultant along with the shift
> timing.
> 2) an escalation written on this form which will set the availabity of the
> consutlant to not available/on vacation on the people form
> 3) In your assignment rule add a qualification to select only records
> which has the availability not set to 'not available/on vacation'
>
> This way only assignee which are available during a timeframe will get the
> tickets assigned.
>

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Rajesh Nair <rajesh.nair....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> **
>> Had a same requirement for me, long back but to some other reason it did
>> not kick off, but had a thought of how to do it,
>> but this was going to be a manual activty for the  shift leads/manager
>>
>> 1) Form A which has information of all the consultant along with the
>> shift timing.
>> 2) an escalation written on this form which will set the availabity of
>> the consutlant to not available/on vacation on the people form
>> 3) once the status is set as available the consultant is visible in the
>> drop down.
>>
>> Had another idea,
>> instead of doing this in manual way, as soon as the consultant logs in
>> the status value in the people form is set to available and this consutlant
>> is see the drop down of the Group.
>>
>> one more a stupid idea
>> pop up a window which say this consutlant is not working in this shift
>>
>> all this point might sound novice though :)
>>

>> regadrs
>> rajesh
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Longwing, LJ CTR MDA/IC <
>> lj.longwing....@mda.mil> wrote:
>>
>>> No...I'm looking to say
>>>
>>> UserA is available Mon-Fri 8A-8P
>>> UserB is available Mon-Fri 8P-8A
>>>
>>> And during those timeframes, have User A in the assignee list....and not
>>> when not during those timeframes...

>>> jcpenney