I’m being told by BMC development resources that Resources.zip is loaded with
the ITSM applications and not part of the AR System server itself.  So if you
load only AR System, you will not have this file.

From the white paper:

The Resource library files contain resource files for localized labels that you
use for new labels to add to a report. The BIRT library files contain the BIRT
library (for example, stylesheets) and out-of-the-box templates that you can
use as you modify out-of-the-box reports or when you create new BIRT reports.

Those “localized labels” are the labels used in the ITSM OOTB reports.   Both
Resources.zip and BIRT_Library.zip are optional and not mandatory to create a
new Web report.  These are required if a user wants to edit the OOTB ITSM
report since they refer to these resources.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, AR System
BSM & Atrium Solutions Management
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.