From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of BradRemedy
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 8:22 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Complete Task through web Service

** Hi all

Hope everyone is well

I am busy looking into a small problem we have on our system and wanted to know
if I could run the scenario by you guys to get your opinion.

*       ITSM 7.6
*       Remedy 7.5 Patch 003 (Upgrading later this year)
*       Mid-tier is Remedy 7.5 Patch 005
*       Windows Server 2008 Box
*       SQL 2008

We want to enable the functionality that a user is able to complete a task
through a web service. Not difficult at all and you can use the OOTB web
services that come with ITSM. The problem we are finding is that if we have a
Task Group template associated to a Change Request, and that Task Group
template has flows defined, when the user closes a task that is in that
relationship, the flows do not continue. However if I do the same action in the
user tool and manually close the task then everything works perfectly and the
task flow works.

Taking a stab in the dark here, I did notice that the web service was
associated to a join form call "TMS:TaskInterface" which is linked to the
TMS:Task Form. I suspect that the workflow that checks if there is a next flow
it needs to go to is associated to the TMS:Task form and not to the
TMS:TaskInterface form - which is why it is not firing off. I was thinking of
going through all the code to find the problem but thought that i would check
with the guru's first and see if you have any suggestions.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and see you guys at WWRUG _attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com
ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_